The first email I saw this morning said….

The anniversary of your hysterectomy is here. We hope you are enjoying renewed strength and better health. We hope you are finding fresh ways to enjoy life.


I made this a thumbnail. If you like gore, you can click on it to see a bigger pic. Get your mind out of the gutter! that’s my belly that has been split down the middle. To the left in the pic, that bump is my belly button, in the wrong place.

How ironic! As I was walking out of the bedroom, I was holding my humongously swollen incisional hernia in my hands. It hurt sooooooo bad! The unhealed belly wound stings and is sore. My intestines get kinked up way too ofen. Sigh….

If it’s the anniversary of my first operation, it’s almost the 2 year anniversary of Rhett leaving. That happened between the hysteresctomy and the emergency operation for infection. Haven’t heard from him ever since. And I certainly never thought that 2 years later, I would still have an unhealed belly wound ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I need to have it swabbed again. I don’t know if I am feeling diverticulitis pain or pain from a surface belly infection….or both.

This morning, I first got up very early because of pain. Then after awhile I went back to bed. My phone woke me up when it said I had a text. I wish I could stop those texts. There are ones saying I need to make phone calls to keep the phone, ones saying I have more minutes and one saying I can make a set number of texts. Since it’s an old-fashioned phone with letters on a numerical keypad, there’s no way in heck I am willing to push the buttons over and over to spell words. No texts, thanks.

And….guess what time the phone woke me up? 10:31. I quick got up, took a shower, got dressed and left for Food Not Bombs. I totally lucked out again. I was second in line ๐Ÿ™‚ You never know which way the coin toss will go.ย I got milk, cauliflower, popcorn, mostly moldy raspberries, 2 bagels, 6 eggs, apple juice, 8 lemons, 2 sweet potatoes, broccoli and wraps.

I took a handful of pictures, visited with a couple of neighbors when I got home, and spent the rest of the day resting. I felt great on my way to FNB, then awful by noon. Same old fever. The arthritis has moved all over me. I always forget how many joints I have until it hits like that ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I should have known it was coming since my hands were so painful yesterday. My left knee, that has needed replacing for years, gets locked up if I don’t keep squiggling around. It swelled way up today. When I bend or straighten it after it has been straight or crooked, it actually brings tears to me eyes. Stupid MCTD! It only takes a few minutes in the sun to get the deep, down lupus burn in my skin.

And speaking of burn, my erythromelalgia has been acting up. I took pics of my feet in full red burn mode, after cooling with water and what my feet look like a couple hours later. It’s a form of peripheral neuropathy. When my body parts turn real red, it’s as if they are on fire.

Hey! At least my voice still works ๐Ÿ™‚ Seems like I go through these same old autoimmune cycles over and over and over. What is it like NOT to have weird things wrong with your body every day? I honestly cannot remember.


Olive napped in “the library” this afternoon.