Of course I saw that coming, then promptly forgot. I have had small fevers and chills for a couple of days….but that’s sort of my normal. Tuesday night it became BIG fever and chills. My skin hurts. My hair hurts. Every joint hurts. So far, the cycling back and forth is every half hour or hour. I am at 101.3. I don’t feel well at all 😦

You can imagine I did not feel like going to my medical appointments Wednesday morning. I had very intense night sweats all night long! Each time I woke up in the night, I was either burning up or freezing, and it didn’t take long until I was the opposite.

Took a shower and went to get a mammogram. Just from home to the hospital, I was sweaty. Even after the shower…..I could smell that darned vinegar sweat. I had to leave both windows wide open while I was gone, because the apartment smelled like I dropped a gallon of vinegar. Yuck. I had a really hard time standing long enough to do the testing. I was reeling around from weakness and dizziness, plus my eyes were rolling all around in my head. They wanted me to wait there for the results in case I needed to redo any of the imaging.

Luckily my next appointment was one floor below, in the same building. So I went down there and got my port flushed. It only took a few minutes. I went back up and got the mammogram report saying everything’s fine.

The whole time home, I was cycling back and forth between fever and chills. My eye had drooped shut and I felt horrible, yucky, gross. Got back in the apartment, switched to my nightgown and plopped in the comfy chair. I had 3 hours to rest before the GP appointment. More of the same……burning up…..freezing….burning up….freezing. I fell asleep sitting up 😮 Each time I woke up with my heart pounding.

Went to the GP with a list. He wrote a letter to Paratransit asking them to make my card permanently unconditional. It was funny listening to and watching his reaction when he found out I could not take Paratransit if the temperature was between 40 and 80. He thought it was ridiculous. Well, that makes two of us.

He said he would OK repair of my power wheelchair. He made me pee in a cup. He was hoping I had a UTI, since that would explain the fever and vinegar sweats. Nope. Then he made his assistant get me an appointment for their GYN. I didn’t even know they had one! The doc is upset that no one has cared that I have had vaginal bleeding after a complete hysterectomy. Well, that makes two of us, too!

Once I got out of my chair to pee in a cup, my voice got broken. I told him my voice had been working more often than not for at least a couple of weeks. We talked about my dizziness, queasiness, etc, etc. My left eye had been mostly closed for the whole visit. I told him that if I covered my eye, I got less queasy. When I covered my eye, my voice worked! I don’t remember figuring out that solution before! Then I told him about my other eye getting stuck looking down. He said that was an MG thing.

Then….the doc does what he always does. He hugged me. But this time it was a big bear hug. I had been on the verge of tears for days. The hug brought out the stupid tears. That made him hug me even more. He always tells me he loves me and kisses me on the forehead. The world would be a way better place if all docs cared about people that much.

I had originally hoped I could stop for a gallon of milk on the way home from the hospital. Nope. Too sick. Plan B was to go after visiting the GP. Nope. Too sick. I have decided that later I will make myself some hot chocolate with evaporated milk. This was the first time this doc has tested my pee and I wasn’t dehydrated. That’s because I drank a whole gallon of milk in the last few days 🙂 I drink gallons of water, but stay dehydrated. There must be some science behind that. I Googled it. Now I remember reading this stuff before. Chocolate milk refuels and hydrates.

I am mentally and physically beat up. I sure hope I get to rest tomorrow!