I made sure to stay up late enough to take the first dose of prednisone last night. Then I set my alarm for 4:30 AM. I had to pee at least 4 times between going to bed and getting up early. Each time my bladder woke me up, me and the bed were soaked in night sweats. Yup….the vinegar vapor was strong. I don’t want to be awake now, but my kidneys and lungs hurt. Both are on fire. And now that the prednisone has kicked in, I am getting hyper.

It’s nice early in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚ 56 degrees out there right now. I am very grateful that we have been in the middle of hot temps on both coasts, without it being too hot here. Now our temp is going up, then after the weekend, back down. Next week we get remnants of hurricane Linda that was south of California. We could sure use some rain. The local wildfires have been multiplying.

I am feeling a strange weakness on my whole right side. It’s sort of numb and sort of painful and very annoying. My left side doesn’t have it at all. Even my breathing is worse on my right side. My head isn’t numb…it hurts a lot! I am sooooooo looking forward to taking the antibiotics today. I cannot deal with much more of this.

7 AM. The stupid sprinklers just came on for the second time. That made some mosquitoes fly up in the air. Geeze! Talk about PTSD! When I saw the first mosquito land on the window screen I felt total panic. My heart was beating a “bazillion” beats per minute and I freaked out. Supposedly I now have immunity, but way too many people in my WNV support groups go into bad flares from mosquito bites after having WNV. I wonder if I will ever be able to calmly look at a mosquito ever again? Doesn’t seem likely!

I went back to bed after the mosquito and set my clock for 9 AM. When I woke up, I was groggy! Let go of my walker and went to the window to mess with the blinds. I thought what’s wrong with me! Then I realized DUH! I was able to just plain walk from my walker to the window! Then I realized it didn’t hurt to breathe! Then I remembered I had 100 mg of prednisone in me ๐Ÿ™‚

When I got out to the lobby…I just started talking! And my voice worked! My eyes were open all the way with NO droop! I could smile! I went over to my doc’s office and the pharmacist did not have meds ready. My doc had not prescribed the new and improved meds. We talked about how good I felt and I told him I would be back around 3.

Then I went to Huntsman hospital to get my port accessed, then up a floor for the CT scan. At first I thought they were going to back out of giving me contrast. A whole lot of phone calls later, a guy brought me out a half gallon jug of water spiked with something odorless, flavorless and tasteless. He told me I could go buy Crystal Lite lemonade downstairs, to put in it. I had no problem downing the stuff with my next 50 mg dose of prednisone and the Benadryl. It was a relief because on the phone I had been told I had to drink 2 bottles of barium ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s the view from where I sat and drank.

Then I got on the CT table and was scanned. I certainly felt the contrast. It made me warm all over. It lasted maybe 2 minutes where my chest felt uncomfortable….but no anaphylactic shock ๐Ÿ™‚ The technician said I had the biggest hernia she had ever seen ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Sigh….

As soon as I sat up, the war of the meds and dye and MG began. My eyes drooped, it hurt to breathe, I was very weak. The technicians sat me up using a sheet. Nobody ever did that before! They made me promise to hang around the hospital….just in case something bad happened. So, I went and got my port de-accessed, then went over to the U and bought myself lunch. What a waste of money. I figured since I had not eaten breakfast or lunch and I had to stick around, it would be a treat. Yuck.

I stopped back for my meds and got a bag of them. Doxycycline for the systemic infection for the next 10 days, a fluconazole pill for the yeast in my belly wound and topical Mupirocin ointment (Bactroban)ย also for the belly wound. Once I got home, I took the new meds on top of all of today’s other meds. I didn’t feel so good ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I tested my blood sugar. Even with Lantus, it’s up to 429!!!! I wonder how many days it will take to go back down? Dang.

Later I was hungry. I heated up the other half of my scrambled eggs and veggies from yesterday. I devoured it. It was at that moment that I realized even though I did not like the meatball sandwich I bought at the hospital….I was HUNGRY for it…..and hungry for supper. Ahhhhhh….steroids at work. It was nice not to be queasy ๐Ÿ™‚

Since I actually went somewhere today, I got a look at what I thought was road construction. It’s crews putting fiber optics in manholes. Snicker….after being in the hospital for testing, that sentence sounds slightly dirty :-p It must be Google laying fiber. I have seen Google trucks around and they started working in SLC this spring. Comcast had better learn to have better customer service ๐Ÿ™‚

When I was just coming in the door, the laundry woman saw me. She acted like nothing was wrong and said she was going to grab my laundry. I told her I had already waited too long and went home. I figured anything I might say on steroids would be bad.

My mind is jumping all over the place. Should be interesting to see how I feel tonight and Friday.