It was an absolutely perfect day! Temperatures in the 70’s, beautiful blue sky, just the right breeze ๐Ÿ™‚ I really didn’t know where I was going when I left my apartment. And once I started going down the sidewalk I thought I must be a total nut case to go anywhere. It was hard to sit upright in my power wheelchair and hard to see with the dizziness. I stopped at Big Lots to see if the standard charger cord would fit in my phone. They were $15 and totally packaged, so I could not look at the ends.

Then I decided to keep going to Temple Square. The flowers are still gorgeous ๐Ÿ™‚ Last weekend was Women’s Conference. This weekend is General Conference. The talks are and will be posted here.ย Today, the place was packed with people from Shanghai, China. It was exciting to think they had recently been breathing the same air as my daughter who lives there ๐Ÿ™‚

A missionary who was 79 years old came over to talk to me. She was one tough cookie ๐Ÿ™‚ She lives alone up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Just like every time I go to Temple Square, missionaries manage to say things related to what’s going on in my life. We had a good time yakking. She kept worrying about my wicked bad dizziness.

Then I headed for the restrooms. A nice woman from Idaho went in at the same time. She could see how dizzy I was and was worried about me. She insisted on making sure I got to and from the stall OK. We talked a bit. She is with a tour company and had a bus full of Chinese folks. Next they were going to Idaho. I told her to wave at Rhett for me ๐Ÿ™‚ Turns out she just bought a bunch of acres and wants to build an underground house. I told her about my place in Vermont and said she could check out a few pics here on my blog. Peace and Carrots Farm.


On the way home I stopped at Smith’s and Trader Joe’s. I looked for a charging cord at Smith’s, but by then I realized all phones nowadays are either Apple or they have a mini USB end. My free government phone is ancient technology. No such luck. Then I saw the Net 10 phones. They had one on sale for $4.99. I splurged. No activation fee, and I could get the cheapest plan for $15/month. My free government phone doesn’t want to charge. I spent about an hour on hold to Total Call, to get a new phone…and no one ever answered. Of course they do not have a way to talk online. So…the Net 10 is my cheap insurance policy. When the free phone dies, I can quickly sign up online for $15 and have a way to call people until the other phone gets replaced. Alone, sick and with no way to contact people, it’s way too scary to go without a phone.

At Trader Joe’s, I bought more condiments. My life runs on condiments ๐Ÿ™‚ I also got some sushi. It has become my favorite “solid” food.


When I got home, there was a box by my door. Olive knew exactly what was in there, and got all excited. There were a bunch of cat toys, 2 feather thingies on a stick for cat fishing and 4 packages of cat treats. She got feathers all over the floor.

Just as I got ready to take the first bite of my Trader Joe’s sushi, the worried woman committee came to check up on me. My voice was broken and I was still wicked bad dizzy. They didn’t stay too long. Both were grossed out by the sushi in front of me. Love that wasabi ๐Ÿ™‚

I started catching up on a day’s emails. I thought this woman had a good point….

“I apologized to a friend about 5 times the other day, then I finally realized what I was doing. I said, “You know what? I have said, ‘I’m sorry, I can’t help it’ five times and you keep bringing up how I let you down because I am physically unable to do something YOU want. I am not apologizing anymore. I didn’t choose this disease. What I want is my life back, my abilities back. I want to enjoy a run in the morning and a dance at night and doing things with my children in between, but I can’t. Why should I be sorry to you for that??”

It’s difficult when you “look” fine, but your muscles scream with weakness and pain and you’re constantly afraid of over-stepping your limits because it can cost you your life!ย Some people aren’t going to understand until you get in their face, and then they might not, still. Don’t worry about them. You have plenty of good friends that do completely understandโ™ก”.

When I first got home, I was all sweaty and soon had massive chills. I put on my fleece robe. Then the worry wort committee came back to check on me before their bedtimes. I was sitting here with the windows open and the fan blowing on me. It was the just right combo of warm fleece and cool outside air in the 50’s. They stayed half an hour. By the time they left, I was burning up and sweating profusely.

I fished through the laundry for a flimsy nightgown and washed it by hand. I put it on wet and went back to sitting in front of the fan. An hour and a half later and I am finally cooled down. My autonomic dysfunction problems have been swinging from one extreme to another. I wish there was some better body regulation going on! I love my new swivel fan ๐Ÿ™‚ All of my waking hours, I have it pointing up at me, pointing down near me or off. I alternate between burning up and freezing every few minutes.


It was really nice to be able to go to Temple Square today ๐Ÿ™‚