It’s both startling and amusing to be woken up at 5 AM by a chiming, vibrating insulin pump on my sleeping chest. While still mostly asleep, I got up, pulled the old tubing set and took a shower. I should have rested longer after the shower! I was tremoring so bad that I wrecked the new set’s needle. Sigh…then I forced myself to be calm and rest. The next try was successful. I got insulin flowing again.
I have not eaten eggs or onions at home in months. This was the first morning that I thought of my egg and veggie scrambles nostalgically. Lately I have switched to premade flan as my go-to easily digestible breakfast.It’s a fairly small amount of egg and milk, with just a touch of sweetness. I am still surprised I feel hunger again after that 2 week course of Xifaxan. I am extremely grateful to have most of the agonizing gut pain gone. A bit less thrilled about my new voracious appetite!

Now the problem is back to mechanics. With the hernia so much bigger, digested food is not moving along…despite the 3 stool softeners, 2 doses of Miralax and 5 prunes daily. I was warned this would happen. Not really looking forward to taking harsher meds for that, but that is what’s next. I consider it a miracle my intestines work at all! 

I kept thinking my wheelchair seatbelt was just tangled. No such luck. In the last week, I need about 4 inches more of belt 😨 I am also waddling even more when using my walker. It’s making my lower back super owie…like someone 11 months pregnant 😮 The hernia is enlarging quickly. I don’t really need to say it, but…..this sucks. It’s very much affecting my breathing. There’s nothing that can be done about the internal bleeding or any of that. I am trying to be brave.

I sure am glad I got to see Heather and the grandkids before I got any worse. The adrenaline kept me going. I would feel icky, but when they got here most mornings, I went into overdrive and seemed relatively OK. Today I never even got dressed. Sooooooo tired!

Yup…I miss my laptop. I was trying to convince myself that it would be wasteful to get a new one, but am grateful that Heather ordered me one 😀 My vision is awfully blury to be using the Fire very much.It’s also tough to hold onto and isn’t doing my bent over neck any favors. It is like using dial up internet… glacially slow to open web pages. Thank goodness I have it, despite the shortcomings! I go crazy with no connection to the world.

I haven’t had any human interaction today. So….I’m waving from SLC!