Another rough day. At 11 AM I could barely breathe. I had to get in bed with the good old CPAP and oxygen. Some time after that I woke up to a loud voice calling my name. It was the RA doing a wellness check. The details are fuzzy, but I guess the missionaries thought something was wrong with me. Well…they were right. I remember waking up and trying to say things and then I promptly fell back asleep.


I woke up at 3:30 PM because I had to visit the bathroom. I was sooooo confused! Then I woke up at 4 because Olive put all 4 feet above my heart and kept making tight circles on top of me until I was honestly and truly awake. I’m not sure why she was so persistent. My blood sugar was fine.

I was only up for a few minutes when Marion came to visit. We talked for 2 hours! For the first hour, my voice was all broken and it was hard to breathe…but all of the sudden, my voice was fine ๐Ÿ™‚ I kept starting to lose consciousness, fluttering my eyelids, sounding hoarse, then I’d be OK. Very little stops me from talking when I am awake and lucid ๐Ÿ˜›


Then I made myself some pizza with 2 pita breads, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, shredded cheese and Parmesan. I put that in the oven with a pan of Trader Joe’s fish rectangles. I made a dipping sauce of Mexican lime mayo and some guacamole. That was darn good with the fish ๐Ÿ™‚ So I ate one little pizza and 6 fish rectangles for my lunch/supper. The #$%^&*!!!! smoke detector went off a whole bunch of times. I hate the darn thing. All I have to do is open the oven door and it goes off. Poor detector placement! Each time the screeching started, I had to wave a dishcloth up by the smoke detector….and each time I waved my arms, my shorts fell off ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I had the window wide open and the fan on full blast, but it wasn’t much help.


Soon I was soaked in sweat. All of my hair was so wet it was dripping. It’s 21 degrees outside, the window is fully open and I have been sitting here soaking wet in sweat with the fan pointed at me. This is crazy. I keep thinking I should be cold by now. My heart is beating all wrong. Sigh….

Ha! Just like yesterday, when the temperature went down to 20, I got cold enough to shut the window. I still have no heat and the fan pointed at me, though. These evening sweats are something else!


Geeze! Next my alarm started chirping…and would not stop. I went to get the RA. She called maintenance. They told her to take the battery out. It kept chirping. She put it back in….it kept chirping. The next time she took the battery out and put it back in….silence ๐Ÿ™‚

I got to ask about why she checked on me earlier. Said she wants to check on me every day now. Today is absolutely the closest to death that I have felt. I am profoundly weak, my chest hurts, my heart is beating wrong and I keep briefly losing consciousness. Feels creepy. I feel sooooooooo not well. I am violently shaking from head to toes. And of course at the same time, I suddenly got horrible diarrhea. I hope I don’t faint in the bathroom.



Olive has been acting like something is different with me. Also, my hernia ulceration hurts today. It has been one of those days.